Bendigo Leaders of Volunteers Network
Bendigo Volunteer Resource Centre facilitates the Bendigo Leaders of Volunteers Network (BVLN), a peer support network for managers, coordinators and leaders of volunteers across central Victoria.
BVRC promotes, supports and assists community organisations and groups to aspire to Best Practice approaches in line with the National Standards for Volunteer Involvement
We believe and acknowledge that volunteering activities strengthen our community.
- Volunteering activities enable people to connectto each other, their communities, and the causes they care about to build a better society.
- Volunteer involvement helps to builddemocratic, healthy, and self-sustaining communities.
- Volunteering is relevant to all spheres of life and volunteers are making a positive change on the economic, social, cultural, and environmental issues of our time.
Purpose of the Network
The aim of the Bendigo Leaders of Volunteers Network is to provide a forum of learning and support including:
- Professional peer support
- Problem solving
- Information and Resource sharing
- Advocating on Volunteer Issues
- Connecting and strengthening volunteering across central Victoria
Bendigo Volunteer Resource Centre provides information and support as follows:
- Network News (e-news)
- One on one support to managers, coordinators and leaders
- Facilitate professional development workshops
Bendigo Volunteer Resource Centre is the lead volunteer support agency across Central Victoria. We provide volunteer support services to volunteering involving organisation, community groups and community events organisers throughout the region.
These services include providing one-on-one support to leaders on all matters relating to volunteering and encouraging volunteer involving organisation to implement best practice approaches, in line with the National Standards for Volunteer Involvement.
Topics covered include:
- Importance of having a Volunteer Role Descriptions
- Volunteer Agreements
- Recruit Retain and Recognise Volunteers
- Engaging Your Volunteers
- Volunteer Rights & Responsibilities
Developing a Volunteer Policies and Procedures Manual
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Risk Management
- Diversity in Volunteering
- Police Checks Working with Children Checks
The National Standards for Volunteer Involvement are owned and managed by Volunteering Australia (VA), in consultation with the State and Territory peak bodies.
The National Standards for Volunteer Involvement provide a framework for organisations to consider the role of volunteers within the organisation and the impact that effective volunteer involvement can have on achieving the strategic goals and aims of the organisation.
Resources & Information
Registrations and Volunteer Requests
Registering Your Organisation
Volunteers play a vital role in supporting essential services of many community-based organisation. Bendigo Volunteer Resource Centre can assist community-based organisations with promoting and recruiting volunteers for their volunteer program, policies and procedures to support their volunteer program and promotion and policies for one off events.
To register for our support services
If your organisation is seeking volunteers, please complete the form below and return to: email@example.com
Follow this link to download the registration form: Organisation Registration Form