Bendigo Volunteer Resource Centre (BVRC) provides information and resources enabling individuals to make informed choices about where, when, and how they wish to connect to our community.
BVRC supports and connects volunteers to meaningful volunteer opportunities through active participation with local community organisations, community events and volunteer led community groups, striving to ensure all volunteer engagement is safe, effective, and sustainable.
For more information about volunteering or supporting volunteers, please contact us:
You are invited to attend Pave the Way – Volunteering, a digital introduction hosted via Zoom aimed at individuals of any age, culture or ability to increase your knowledge about volunteering and the benefits it brings and your rights and responsibilities.
Step into Volunteering is a short, face to face workshop designed for people who are interested in volunteering. The workshop outlines the rights and responsibilities of a volunteer, confidentiality and privacy expectations and the opportunity to meet with organisations currently seeking volunteers.
We are currently hosting monthly Volunteer Leadership forums through zoom video conferencing to:
- Provide support to managers, coordinators and leaders of volunteers
- Discuss together ways to move forward and how to adapt to life during and after COVID 19
- Discuss avenues for new & potential partnerships – post COVID – sharing volunteers
- Identifying who will be available to volunteer
- How can your organisation adapt the program to meet the needs of the community and your volunteers?
- Tips & guides to best practice approaches to volunteer management tin line with National Standards for volunteer involvement.
- Peer support – share vision for volunteering sector
The Bendigo Volunteer Resource Centre kindly supports the Help Your Neighbour campaign to assist our community in surviving the current COVID-19 virus and come out the other side more equipped, knowledgeable and ready to get involved again!
What is Help Your Neighbour?
Help Your Neighbour is a community campaign to encourage Central Victorians to come together and help their neighbours with simple acts of kindness in the face of the COVID-19.
During hard times neighbourhoods and communities have always found ways to work with each other, share resources, check on the vulnerable and provide support for the greater good. We know there are lots of people in our community doing great things to help others and we want to show people that it’s easy and practical to do the same. Help Your Neighbour promotes positive actions and connectivity that our community needs in order to be resilient, and to best withstand the risk, uncertainty and disruption of COVID-19.