Bendigo Volunteer Resource Centre (BVRC) provides vital links for resourcing, supporting and connecting volunteers and volunteering involving organisations across Central Victoria.
“Building vibrant resourceful communities through volunteering”
Whats on in October…
Cultural Diversity and Volunteering in Greater Bendigo
Thursday 25th October
Bendigo Library, Activity Room 1
This is the second time we will run this 3-hour workshop where you will learn about how volunteers and those working with volunteers across Greater Bendigo can better understand and support cultural diversity.
This workshop will:
– Build your cross-cultural understanding to better support your volunteer work
– Increase your understanding of multicultural communities in Greater Bendigo to support interculturalism and social cohesion
– Support your organisation to be welcoming to culturally and linguistically diverse clients, customers and volunteers
You may find the Australian Human Rights Commission (AHRC) Workplace Cultural Diversity Tool helpful in assessing your organisations cultural competency before beginning this workshop. https://culturaldiversity.humanrights.gov.au/.
Community Volunteering Strategy
The City of Greater Bendigo is developing a new community volunteering strategy with the aim of fostering a culture of volunteerism in the community.
They want to hear from all volunteers in Greater Bendigo to gain a greater understanding of why people volunteer, what type of volunteering they prefer, and identify any barriers preventing them from volunteering.
All members of the community who have been, are interested in, or are a current volunteer are encouraged to participate. It is as easy as completing a short anonymous survey:
The community survey is open until 31 October 2018.
For further information about the community volunteering strategy please visit:
International Table Tennis Federation 2018 World Junior Table Tennis Championships
Bendigo Stadium – Sunday 2nd – Sunday 9th December 2018
Volunteers required to assist from Wednesday 28th November – Monday 10th December 2018
- Available at least 3-4 day
- Event polo shirt provided & meal if shift covers a meal time
- Volunteers will be required to source:
- Transport to Bendigo & the venue and own accommodation
- Working with Children Check preferred
- Set up – 28th November- 1st December & as needed during tournament
- Pull-down – 9th-10th December & as needed during tournament
- drivers (sedans/minibus)
- access control (checking tickets, controlling access points)
- lounge attendants (VIP and players lounges)
- equipment set-up/pull-down (mostly light work but some heavy work for suitable strong volunteers)
- events administration – (events/sports management students)
Expressions of Interest by 16th November to: Bendigo Volunteer Resource Centre via an online registration form below, placing ‘table tennis’ in as the response as question 3.
Bendigo Bank Fun Run
The volunteer positions available are:
COURSE MARSHALS – Help cheer on participants as they take on the course, whilst making sure they don’t stray from the path!
FIRST AID MARSHALS – In each marshalling group, there shall be a designated First Aid Marshal, with your first-aid certificate or equivalent to help take care of our runners, walkers and rollers.
COLOUR STATION VOLUNTEERS – Help colour participants on race day as they move through the track!
DRINK STATION ATTENDANTS – Three stations surrounding the course, all managed by local businesses, but even they will need a few extra hands to help quench the thirst of our puffing participants.
BREAKFAST VOLUNTEERS – Once it’s all over, and there are hundreds of hungry hoards, they’ll need quick service to get their free healthy breakfast at the Spotless Breakfast Tent.
Sign up for your preferred area, or let us chose for you!
VOLUNTEER TRAINING DAY
All volunteers are invited to attend a Training Day for the Bendigo Bank Fun Run.
You will be given the latest updates on the course, when and where to meet on the morning of the fun run AND what you’ll be doing on the day.
Training day info;
Date: Tuesday 30 October
Time: 5.30 PM- 6:30pm
Where: Quest Schaller Hotel, 60 Lucan St Bendigo.
Light refreshments provided, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Register online today…